We use cookies to give you the best possible experience on our website.
Accept All Cookies
Find out more
Cookie Portal
Manage and find out more about the cookies used on this website.
Cookie Settings
Read Cookie Policy
Accept All Cookies and Close
Close Without Saving
This website has 3 types of cookies:
Your preferences will not take affect until the next page loads or this page is reloaded.
Strictly Necessary Cookies
Feature Cookies
Performance Cookies
Save and Close
< Back
< Back
Cookie Policy
< Back

News Item

Travelling outside of the United Kingdom in the event of a "no deal" Brexit

November 14, 2019

There is still uncertainty over our arrangements in leaving the EU and if we leave with “no deal” then this will have implications on documentation required when taking a vehicle outside of the United Kingdom.

As far as your insurance policy is concerned, in the event that a current arrangements change then your hirers will need to take a hard copy of a green card with them.  This will affect a number of you in different ways if you currently send vehicles abroad and we can discuss this individually with you should the need arise. 

Suffice to say that you will need to ensure that sufficient time is given to obtain this document, if we do leave without any suitable transition arrangements in this respect.

There are other areas that you need to consider such as International Driving Permits/taking the original V5 or a VE103B document and the vehicle displaying a GB sticker and the Government address these on their web-site (link attached)

Our Vehicle Hire locations